Tradvisez

Check out my piece in DNA magazine, a glossy, Aussie gay periodical-- July 2014

A consanguineous clique to clamor for

Indulge me while I gush over these Broadway babies and belters. Clamor about a consanguineous clique in chronological birth order as I did. The first to catch my eye happened to be the oldest Celia,who is incidentally, 5 years younger than me.  In a Broadway.com interview, she gleefully (no pun intended) described her reaction after being nominated for a Tony for her role as Laura Wingfield in last year's revival of  Tennessee William's Glass Menagerie. Truthfully it was her co-star Brian J. Smith as the Gentleman Caller who initially attracted my lingering gaze because he's totally divine to die for and happens to be from Dallas. Celia's exuberance as she talked about working with him was
giddy as all get-out the way gays like me go ga-ga for guys like him. She became my soul-sister
kindred spirit with each subsequent subject as she was brought to tears remembering the sheer levels of incredible talent surrounding her. Discovery 2 mesmerized me even more. Her brother Andrew Keenan-Bolger cut his teeth in the chorus of Newsie's as a kid and then grew up to take it upon himself to create his own opportunities for success instead of waiting around for his agent to call. His brain-child born from mercenary motives is a brilliant web-series airing its third season on Youtube.
Andrew Keenan-Bolger objectified? ABS-olutely!
Submissions Only,centers around a group of neurotic New York stage actors as they audition ad infinitum for their love of the craft. Andrew's innovative, entrepreneurial spirit and well-spoken stage presence dazzled me as a devotee and then I saw his abs in a steamy scene from HBO's Looking
where he plays a chicken-tender-twinky-trick. I couldn't stop looking. Later in the day, I came across that Keenan-Bolger hyphenated moniker again in an article touting youngest sister Maggie's extraordinary fete that left me awestruck. She is launching this queerly sex positive trans--fagulous gender-ific venue called Birds and Bees: Unabridged  that you can bet your bottom dollar is worth casting this brood in bronze for. This is a triumvirate of talent I'll tweet about on Twitter. For me to transcend and suspend my loathing of the hipster-techie monolith for a minute just to give a shout-out is tremendous.