Tradvisez

Check out my piece in DNA magazine, a glossy, Aussie gay periodical-- July 2014

Guys Gone Wild where the GC Be.

This review is from: Guys Gone Wild: Everything's Bigger in Texas (DVD)

The ubiquitous off camera narrator girl is in Dallas, TX this time to cajole and lure college age boys into the GGW van to play with themselves on camera. Unfortunately, the film featured the cutest guy they found in the first vignette but he refused to drop trou and audiences were forced to imagine what he looked like under the boxers. The line up of men were disappointingly lacking. There was nothing inherently wrong with them per se; it's just that they could have been cuter. I wouldn't have picked any of them up if I had seen them at a club. In that regard, I wouldn't have thrown them out of bed either. While watching past GGW videos, I usually mute it because the voice of the girl coaxing and cajoling the trade to take off their skivvies in annoying when I'm trying to focus on the visuals. But in this video, the girl seemed familiar enough for me to regard her as an ally. As she performed the requirements of what has to be the best job in the world, I realized her presence was a necessary evil that must be present in order for straight boys to feel comfortable being naked. Although a man's voice would have been hotter for the fantasy factor, his presence surely would have prevented any of the boys from feeling comfortable enough to play with their junk on camera. I found myself feeling grateful to the narrator girl who I felt was doing her best to produce the same outcome, pardon the pun.


I appreciate the regional nuances of the different GGW videos as each place brings something slightly different to the parade of cock that gets pranced out in front of the camera. I have lived in Dallas, the site where this video was filmed and couldn't help thinking that it would have been better if the GGW crew had scouted at gay bars such as the Brick or Crews Inn. Guys there are undeniably hotter than the peach fuzz parade featured in this video and would have made for better entertainment. I don't feel the boys in this video were cute enough to justify the $20 I spent on it.